Universal Forest Products Shipping Receiving Clerk in Moultrie, Georgia
*High school diploma *Minimum 6 months of experience in shipping and receiving or related area. *Working knowledge of standard DOT concepts, regulations, practices and procedures. *Working knowledge of proper loading techniques, weight limitations, and company procedures. *Working knowledge of excel, word and outlook. *Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and species. *Successful completion of forklift driver licensing process. *Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
Skills and abilities
*Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English *Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions *Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress. *Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions *Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal, calculator, and telephone. *Demonstrated ability to frequently get on and off the forklift, and to strap and tie down shipments. *Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail *Ability to work under indirect supervision *Ability to pass a drug test *Ability to work hours mandated by management
*Safety conscious and strong *Team player and goal oriented *Participates in Safety and CI programs *Leads by example and has positive attitude *Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results *Functual and reliable
- Coordinates and schedule all outbound loads and coordinate with sales and production.
- Determines proper loading order and placement of product.
- Verifies shipping documents and records any discrepancies.
- Set up all loads to be shipped common carrier with outside freight companies.
- Coordinates routing of orders, and dispatches carrier with orders and appropriate delivery instructions consistent with customer receiving times.
- Ensures all internal/external paperwork meets all Universal as well as DOT regulations and procedures.
- Documents any shortage on orders, investigates reasons for occurrence and informs sales and admin of the shortage.
- Takes and acts upon all calls for tracing and/or expediting orders.
- Maintains proper documentation and records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- May assists loading and unloading material from trucks or carts.
- Prepares various reports and correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled