Airgas Usa LLC Backup Driver/Inside Sales - Albany, GA in Albany, Georgia
Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas,USA, LLC. the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an Inside Sales/Backup Driver *position open at our Albany, GA location.*
*JOB SUMMARY: *
Performs customer service/sales duties for retail store to business and industrial customers while maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not limited to OSHA, FDA, DOT, ISO and Airgas regulations, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
/Safety and Regulatory Compliance/
- Demonstrates and aligns with Airgas Safety Pledge and 12 Live Saving Rules.
- Exemplifies, promotes and develops safe work behaviors.
- Ensures all applicable regulatory (OSHA, FDA, DOT, EPA) requirements are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location deadlines.
- Maintains compliance with all Specialty, Medical and Food Gas Standard Operating Procedures, SMS and ISO requirements and any and all associated paperwork.
/Essential Functions: /
- Delivers CS2 behaviors to all internal/external customers.
- Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related equipment to customers.
- Solicits sales with existing and potential customers and handles all associated paperwork to document those sales, quotes or other information which may need recording for future reference.
- Advises customer on equipment and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete the tasks they wish to perform.
- Demonstrates use of equipment.
- Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hard-goods and maintains showroom displays.
- Assists customers with merchandise and loading and unloading cylinders.
- Communicate in person, email and/or on the telephone with customers, providing information such as cost, ordering and delivery times.
- Monitor and maintain customer’s inventory needs.
- Check accounts receivable status of accounts; talk with the salesman or credit department about past-due accounts and contact customer regarding payment as well as collect money as required.
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed; including coding, costing and pricing.
- Maintains proper inventory levels with product shortages or outages.
- Ensures all administrative, SMS, ISO and accounting related procedures are strictly adhered to and completed.
- When needed, will be responsible for performing back-up duties per the branch daily check list.
- May operate forklift and other equipment as required.
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and demonstrations as required.
- Perform as backup driver when needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability as a highly motivated individual who performs exceptionally well in an Inside Sales capacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety data sheets.
Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Customer Service or Sales experience preferred.
Welding Certificate from an accredited technical school, college/university, or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with SAP and/or a production planning module preferred.
Minimal (0 – 10%)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and safety data sheets using the English language.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CDL with hazmat endorsement required. Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Backup Driver/Inside Sales - Albany, GA
Requisition ID: 17223